Mental health costs UK employers over £30 billion a year with lost days and production due to sickness. So it makes sense to invest time and preventative resources into your employees mental health at work. Do it right and you will gain a competitive advantage over your competitors who have not yet woken up to the reality of mental health in the workplace.
Benefits to be gained with a positive working environment:
- greater employee loyalty and productivity
- greater employee retention
- less sick leave and absenteeism throughout the year
- an enhanced reputation as a good company to work for
Managers aim for the following:
- employee wellbeing as a priority across the business
- create an environment where employees fell they can speak openly about such issues
- an inclusive and welcoming culture
- zero tolerance to bullying and any forms of discrimination
- regular team building exercises
For most employees work is so much more than payment its a way to raise one’s self-esteem and to build friendships through the opportunities working creates.
Employee wellbeing is important and there are many companies in and around Leeds that are ready to help.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.