How do you protect yourself, especially on the internet where the fraudsters always seem to be one step ahead.
Here are 10 tips to stay safe online:
- Implement a combination of security protection solutions (anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall(s))
- Carry out regular security updates on all software and devices
- Implement a resilient password policy (min eight characters, change regularly)
- Secure your wireless network
- Implement clear and concise procedures for email, internet and mobile devices
- Train staff in good security practices and consider employee background checks
- Implement and test backup plans, information disposal and disaster recovery procedures
- Carry out regular security risk assessments to identify important information and systems
- Carry out regular security testing on the business website
- Check provider credentials and contracts when using cloud services
No matter the industry you are in, each company will have different needs.
Local service providers know the local landscape and the security threats relevant to the region. We recommend sourcing a Leeds based company for the best results.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.