Working from home is at the moment the new ‘norm’ for many office based employees in Leeds. As an employer or manager there are a few things to consider.
The importance of:
- regular communication with home workers
- regular team activities
- regular face to face meetings to encourage your team
- regularly providing feedback on their performance
If you follow the above it’s possible to avoid a loss of morale or a loss of productivity, which sadly is a symptom of working from home in isolation.
As an employer or manager you might also wish to revisit employee contracts which may not include working from home.
- Are you insured for any equipment being supplied to your employee?
- Are your IT policies known and up to date regarding cyber security and GDPR?
As an employer you also have a duty of care or responsibility regarding your employees working from home.
You must make sure employees have the appropriate:
- equipment to safely perform their work from home
- health & safety awareness
Local law firms or independent HR consultants are best placed to help and assist you.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.