Grants are for small and medium sized businesses who will use the funding for capital investment in fit-out and refurbishment of buildings, plant, machinery and equipment, creating permanent jobs in the Leeds City Region.
We also consider applications from larger companies under certain circumstances. Please contact us on BusinessGrowth@the-lep.com to discuss your project.
Your business must:
- Be based, or looking to locate, in the City Region, which includes the local authority areas of Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York
- Have been established for at least 12 months and must operate from commercial premises
- Operate in the City Region’s key growth sectors and/or their direct supply chains: specifically health and life sciences, digital and creative industries, low carbon and environmental industries, manufacturing, financial and professional services or business to business services
- Generate the majority of its turnover from trading with other businesses, or, your application must demonstrate how the grant-supported project will lead to this. Businesses engaged in retailing or providing localised business to consumer services are not eligible for grant support
- Have private finance available: either your own, from a bank, or other commercial finance to invest alongside the grant (please note: the minimum total project cost is £50,000 – therefore you must have at least £4 of private sector finance to invest for every £1 in grant)
- Demonstrate financial viability of the project and the need for grant support
Your project must:
- Consist of capital investment in equipment and/or, fit-out and refurbishment of buildings. (Please note: refurbishment or renovation projects will only be supported where you will be the sole occupier within the refurbished or renovated business property)
- Create at least one new job for every £7,500 – £12,500 of grant received, with the higher level of grant only available for jobs paying above the Real Living Wage (currently £9.00 per hour)
In accordance with State Aid rules, you can apply for a maximum grant of between 10% and 20% of your project costs, depending on the size of your business (10% for businesses with between 50 and 249 employees and 20% for businesses with less than 50 employees)
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.