This simple checklist can help you understand what situations might put your business at risk of breaking competition law.
- Are you in a market where you know most, or all of your competitors?
- Do you have competitors who are also customers or business partners?
- Do you have a large number of sales staff?
- Do staff frequently move between businesses in your sector?
- Do you have contact with your competitors through work (i.e. at trade events or association meetings) or at social events?
- Do you ever discuss your prices or fees?
- Do you ever talk about your customers or territories?
- Do you ever share information about your future commercial plans?
- Do you ever agree to work together or follow set rules?
Agreeing with your competitors how you do business can be illegal.
You could be:
- stopped from running your company
Make sure you and your staff understand the risks.
For more information about competition law and anti-competitive behaviours, see the Competition and Markets Authority’s (CMA) short video guides
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.