Almost all business involves using PC’s or laptops so it’s important to look after them. Just as you would service the company car it is important to service, repair or upgrade the company computer for the best results. When was the last time you serviced the company laptops?
As a manager you will have a budget to maintain your department and selecting a computer repair service provider can seem a difficult task. Can you trust them? Do they know what they are doing?
We recommend finding out the following when creating your shortlist of service providers:
- No Fix – No Fee Policy?
- Do they have any testimonials?
- No Hidden Charges. They must be transparent with their pricing.
- Do they charge a call-out fee?
- Do they charge an initial assessment fee?
- Are they insured?
- Are they GDPR aware? If not then walk away.
- Do they have any 3rd party recommendations?
- Are they value for money? Their pricing must be competitive or present value for their offering.
- Do they have any credibility?
- Are they a member of a local or national association of computer engineers?
- Are they available 7 days with good emergency contacts?
- Do they adhere to the highest level of customer care?
- Are they Focused On What They Do?
Ultimately what you are looking for is a great service with professionals that care about the work they do and take satisfaction from solving your problem.
We recommend seeking out a local service provider for the best results.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.