How does the concept of service design translate into practice?
The five key principles to keep in mind when re-thinking a service design are as follows:
- User-Centered: Remember people are at the heart of Service Design.
- Co-Create: Service design should involve other people in particular those who are part of the system or the service.
- Sequencing: Services should be visualised by sequences or key moments in the customer journey.
- Evidencing: Customers need to be aware of elements of a service. Evidencing creates loyalty and helps customers understand the entire service experience.
- Holistic: A holistic design takes into account the entire experience of a service. Context matters.
Every step of the way regarding the customer experienced must be designed and experienced by those delivering the service to ensure quality of experience.
A good experience is a shared experience and a good experience means repeat business, which is the goal of business.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.