Most cyber crimes target people rather than systems, for example using phishing.
The best defence is to learn, and to train your staff to:
- recognise common scams such as Friday afternoon fraud
- avoid opening unsolicited email attachments
- avoid connecting unapproved devices, such as personal USB sticks to company systems
- use good passwords, change them regularly and use more secure authentication systems where available
- do not open electronic information in a place where members of the public can view your password or the documentation being opened
- adopt a robust checking process to confirm any requests to change payment details
- keep track of your online presence to spot bogus firms copying your identity
- monitor social media posts to make sure they do not contain information that could be of use to criminals.
We recommend sourcing a local training provider for the best results.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.