Being prepared for future challenges and maintaining a good cashflow are key to helping the business staying afloat but also helps to meet and exceed its goals and ambitions.
The following three areas are vital for success.
1. Paying tax and bills
Ensuring tax and bills are paid on time is key to a maintaining a healthy cash flow and improving small businesses’ ability to stay afloat. The following tips should help you to manage your cash flow effectively.
- Financial forecasting – Efficient forecasting every 6-12 months will help you sustainably plan for nearly all incomings and outgoings and be better prepared for any unexpected expenditures. It is important to consider any seasonal factors too.
- Being organised – Creating and sticking to a logical administration system is a simple way to stay on top of bills. Implementing a “home” for paper bills and documents is a great place to start. It is also worth investigating ways in which you can automate your payments with accounting software.
2. Keeping up to date
Keeping up to date with new technologies, consumer trends or regulations that may affect your small business is key to success, but often a time-consuming task.
- Analytics services – Free analytics services are now more available than ever and can be easy to use too. Subscribing to an analytics service is a great tool for any small business and makes available a huge amount of valuable information; from where the customer is from, to key topics, to what brings in the most traffic and conversions. Such insight it key to defining strategy and sales processes.
A good place to start your small businesses marketing drive is online and creating a presence on social media platforms can lead to plenty of opportunity. The following tips should help you to navigate the world of marketing through social media.
- Engage with customers – opening up a direct channel of conversation between your small business and its consumers could not be easier as you can now use comments, tweets or even polls to understand your audience better and position your brand effectively.
- Content creation – By creating and pushing out bespoke content, in the form of written or visual media, will determine your small business as a trusted resource, making it a hub for existing customers and attracting new ones.
If you plan to buy a product or service for your business in the next 12 months please complete the form below.